Thank you for reading the server rules and regulations. These rules and regulations are subject to editing and may be modified in the future. It is your responsibility to stay up to date with them.
Please also note that these rules ARE NOT all inclusive and therefore they are subject to change at any time, by a member of the Staff team.
Griefing and stealing from others is forbidden.
- Forms of griefing:
- Destroying blocks without prior consent from the original builder.
- Placing blocks without prior consent from the original builder.
- Killing/stealing any mobs that someone has intentionally saved and/or captured.
- Looting unprotected chests/furnaces/etc.
- Even if an area/build appears to be abandoned, please file a
/modreqto verify that the build is abandoned and a member of the admin team will regenerate the area for you.
Offensive usernames and skins are forbidden.
- If you join with an inappropriate name or skin, you will be immediately banned. You may appeal your ban on the forums after changing your name and/or skin to conform to our rules.
Don’t try to be a vigilante.
- Backseat modding serves no purpose other than spam. You do not have the permissions that a staff member does to deal with rule breakers.
- If you are trying to ‘prove your worth’ as a staff member in this fashion, you will never become staff. We look for strong community leaders to be a part of our team, NOT trigger happy players who just want to swing the hammer.
Global chat rules
- All messages sent in global chat MUST be in english.
- Any form of spam is forbidden. Including, but not limited to:
- Caps spam: 4 or more words ALL CAPS
- Key spam: 7 or more repeated characters in a row (aaaaaaa)
- Lottery spam: Please do not buy 1 ticket repeatedly, this spams everyone. Use
/lot buy <AMOUNT>instead.
- Begging: Asking for items/lunas/etc repeatedly.
- Repeating the same message multiple times unnecessarily.
- “Welcome” messages should not exceed one line of text.
- Do not use profane language.
- Keep global chat PG-13, we are a family friendly server!
- You may use ‘crap’, ‘hell’, 'ass', and ‘damn’, if not used against another player.
- When in doubt, don’t say it.
- This rule also applies across all MineCove medium. (In-game signs, pets, website, discord, etc.)
- Advertising is forbidden in any form. Including, but not limited to:
- Any discussions of Politics is forbidden.
Respect your fellow MineCovians.
- MineCovians are defined as anyone using the MineCove medium. This includes all players, staff, affiliates, guests, and such.
- Don’t be a nuisance
- We are all here as a community of fellow MineCovians. Treat each other with respect.
- Harassment of any player or staff member is forbidden.
- This includes any form of discrimination due to race, religion, sex, age, disabilities, etc.
Modded/hacked clients are strictly forbidden.
- Xray, Fly hacks, or any other client modifications that give you an unfair advantage are forbidden.
- Cosmetic modifications are allowed so long as they do NOT give you an unfair advantage. The following are examples of allowed modifications:
- Performance improvement (Optifine, etc.).
- Aesthetic modifications (Shaders, Texture Packs, etc.).
- Hud modifications (Armor and status effect)
- Gamma modifications
- Minimap modifications, so long as they do not show additional data such as resources, cave systems, etc.
- Minimap modifications may contain player markers, waypoints, biomes, and entities.
Do not try to impersonate anyone.
- Any attempt of impersonating another player is strictly forbidden.
- Any attempt of impersonating a staff member is strictly forbidden.
- Remember: Staff ranks in game are always prefixed with (Mod), (Mod+), (Admin), and (Owner)
Do not encourage anyone to break any of the MineCove rules.
Do not exploit any bugs
- Exploiting any bugs will be met with a permanent ban and all your data wiped from the server.
- Please report any bugs found on the forum, so that we may address it.
PVP is not allowed anywhere, on any server or world
- The only exception to this rule is
/warp pvpon the Survival server.
- Any attempt to player kill or trap will result in an immediate permanent ban for the offender and a rollback of this form of grief.
Your account is your responsibility.
- Buying/selling/trading MineCraft accounts over MineCove medium is strictly forbidden.
- Buying/selling/trading MineCraft accounts is a commonly used avenue for scammers.
- In order to protect our users, we DO NOT allow this on any of our mediums.
- If you share your account, or use someone else's, remember that offenses against accounts stay with that account. Just because that account used to be your brother’s and now it’s yours does not mean that account has a clean slate.
- Do not ask for a staff position. Check
/staffinfofor that information.
- Do not leave floating trees, 1x1 towers, or 1x1 holes randomly.
- You may however leave these things if it is in a region.
- Leaving these things around the map makes the map look horrible.
- Any redstone machines, mob grinders, etc that are found to be lagging the server will be removed. Please keep this in mind while building.
- Intentional lag machines are not only removed, but also met with a ban.
- AFK pools are forbidden. If you wish to AFK for any reason, please VOTE! Any attempt to bypass this system will be met with a ban.
- Nickname rules are as follows:
- Your nickname MUST begin with the first three characters of your username.
- Example: If your username is Notch, your nickname must begin with 'Not'
- Your nickname MUST NOT exceed 16 characters in length.
- You may claim 1 free nickname for each donator rank above Iron that you own.
- Iron ranks do not get a nickname change.
- Gold ranks get 1 nickname changes.
- Emerald ranks get 2 nickname changes.
- Diamond ranks get 3 nickname changes
- You may claim 1 free nickname at ABC Rank Ⓘ
- You get access to
/nickat ABC Rank Ⓥ
- ALL rules are subject to change at any time by a member of the MineCove Staff.
- Remember: Any and all staff decisions are final. Attempting to ‘mod hop’ (going to another staff member because you did not like the answer you received) is grounds for a ban.
- If you feel a staff member’s decision was against the best interest of the community, please message Valphon or any administrator on the forums or Skype directly.
Forum Specific Rules
- Post threads in the relevant forum. Anything found in the wrong section will be moved by a moderator.
- Think before posting. Well thought-out and legible posts help members understand what is being explained.
- Do not change a thread's topic. Thread hijacking is against the rules. If you wish to discuss a different topic, create a new thread in the relevant forum.
- Do not spam the shout box (caps spam included). A maximum of three words of caps is permitted.
- English only in forum posts.
- Offensive usernames are forbidden.
- Post farming, one word responses, or anything else you may do to increase your post count unfairly is forbidden. Please refer to Rule 3. Repeat offenders of this rule may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Use common sense and execute sensible judgement.
- Please do not post on a thread that has not been posted on in a long time and would generally be considered inactive, as it is a form of post farming (also known as 'Grave Digging').
This page has been seen 2,292 times.