MineCove Road Project!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Valphon, May 4, 2017.

1. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +398
    Hey everyone,

We've been allowing everyone to test drive the vehicles at /spawn. We're just about ready for them to be purchasable, however, first we need roads built for these cars to drive on!

In order for cars to be available for players, roads throughout MineCove must be constructed. In addition, these roads must meet rigid criteria for safe driving.

To start, all roads must meet the following specifications:

• The road must be 13 blocks wide
    • The black road/asphalt must be made out of Coal Block
    • The yellow center marker must be made out of Yellow Stained Clay
    • The border surrounding the road, which is 1 block higher than the rest of the road, must be made out of Cyan Stained Clay

Illustration below -

[​IMG]

Example of an in game road can be found at /warp roadexample

Additionally:

With exception to the road within 100 blocks of /Spawn, all roads must sit on or below ground level
    All roads must have at least 5 blocks of air above them
    Turns must be gradual, not abrupt corners (Check /warp roadturnexample)
    Slopes must be built using stone slabs as the stairs (Check /warp roadstairexample)
    Roads cannot have any impurities - The entire length must meet the above specifications and item requirements
    Use of tunnels is advised to avoid having to dig out an entire mountain
    You're welcome to branch off the road or redirect the road to go through your town, just so long as it meets the other ends of the road noted below

Where to find resources:

Coal blocks can be found via conventional methods or you can use /roadexchange where you can trade in ores and common blocks for coal blocks directly

Stained clay is commonly found in Mesa biomes, however prestiged players will have additional access to an abundant amount of stained clay in the Prestige World

Protecting the road:

When you've finished a significant segment of the road, submit a modreq for a road protection. From there an admin will verify that the road meets the specifications and protect it from griefing

Building around player builds:

If you're building the road and you hit a player build or region, you have three options:

1. Submit a modreq and have a staff member check if the build/region is from an inactive user. If so, the staff member will clear the area and/or remove the region for you to continue building
    2. Ask the player if you can build through their land. Please explain to them what the road project is if they do not know. If they say no, then you must
    3. Go around the building. This may require removing parts of the road to incorporate a turn. As such, it's important to have individuals scouting up ahead!

Road Completion:

The MineCove Road Project will be completed upon the following roads being connected:

Road beginning at /spawn
    Road ending at /warp highwayend1
    Road ending at /warp highwayend2
    Road ending at /warp highwayend3
    Road ending at /warp highwayend4

Upon completion of the MineCove Road Project, cars will be available for purchase to use on the roads as a quick (faster than flight!) way of moving about the map!

Final note:

This will be a massive undertaking that will require effort and cooperation from everyone. It may seem a daunting task, however MineCove is a community of over 700 active members logging in on a weekly basis. Utilize your fellow community members to aid in your quest for cars and you'll find this to be a very manageable task.

2. Max9874

Max9874 Taking everything to the max Gold

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    Max9874
    Good luck everyone! Have fun mining those coal blocks...

3. xxpinecone

xxpinecone Iron

Ratings:
    +4
    MC Username:
    xxpinecone
    well then :l

4. 1StormDragon

1StormDragon 1Storm Gold

Ratings:
    +13
    Good luck guys! Hope you can make it possible for the minecove community and all help out!

5. Trufflehunter_

Trufflehunter_ A friendly starwhale Coal

Ratings:
    +0
    MC Username:
    Trufflehunter_
    I understand there is a highway ending for each quadrant of the map; the origin point is centered at spawn.
    [​IMG]
    /warp highwayend1 goes to Quadrant I (+29035,+28770,64)
    /warp highwayend2 goes to Quadrant II (-28941,+29193,64)
    /warp highwayend3 goes to Quadrant IV (+28982,-28790,72)
    /warp highwayend4 goes to Quadrant I (+28992,+29035,62)

There isn't a highway endpoint for my part of the map, Quadrant III.
    Instead we have two highway endings in Quadrant I...
    [​IMG]
    ...about 270 meters apart.

TL;DR: new highway system won't reach me by at least 30km from any direction.
    Was this intended?

6. tinnyf

tinnyf The cripplingly awkward one who thinks a lot. Gold

Ratings:
    +57
    Just as a heads up to store-owners of minecove, coal is now worth marginally less than cobble. This means a few shops currently stand to lose quite a lot of money!

7. xxpinecone

xxpinecone Iron

Ratings:
    +4
    MC Username:
    xxpinecone
    Btw is the server keep right or keep left?

8. Max9874

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    Max9874
    I'd assume on the right, since the server is Canadian and they drive on the right.

9. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +398
    Thank you for pointing this out! It has been adjusted in the proper area

• Like Like x 1
  10. timmtim

timmtim Coal

Ratings:
    +0
    MC Username:
    Timmtim
    on highwayend1 what are the ending coordinates in quadrant I for that road?

I am having trouble understanding what y and x represent on the graph.

11. Mas

Mas As is the music of life Emerald

Ratings:
    +142
    Y and X are more or less X and Z equivalents. The quadrents are just he space inbetween the highways.
    Highway1, which is 'area 1' is somehow near highway4, or 'area 4', instead of being across the map.
    That should clear up that little piece of info.

12. Nathan Battersby

Nathan Battersby Batters_Bees Coal

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey friends! Just wanted to mention for all you road builders that yellow stained clay can be bought in Batters_Bees' hardened clay shop at /warp shops ! I'll try to keep it stocked for you all!

13. Trufflehunter_

Trufflehunter_ A friendly starwhale Coal

Ratings:
    +0
    MC Username:
    Trufflehunter_
    [​IMG]
    Exchange the (y) with the (z) in this graph. Now look at it from above-- you'll get an X-Z plane. The Y-axis is your altitude; it only goes up or down.

The current coordinates using Minecraft's F3 (x y z) are as follows:
    /warp highwayend1 goes to Quadrant I (+29035 64 +28770)
    /warp highwayend2 goes to Quadrant II (-28941 64 +29193)
    /warp highwayend3 goes to Quadrant IV (+28982 72 -28790)
    /warp highwayend4 goes to Quadrant III (-29079 62 -28107)

14. hiawathamojo

hiawathamojo Coal

Ratings:
    +1
    hey so my town, Woodland Cove, is pretty close to spawn so is there a way to start the road from spawn and work out to the road endpoints?

15. Max9874

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    Max9874
    The road already starts at spawn, anyone is allowed to build an intersection that goes off to their town.

16. Waterco1ored

Waterco1ored Iron

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    Waterco1ored
    If we're gonna do this, are the cars gonna get better? Theyre really too fast to control and nobody has gotten to try out the other vehicles. I'd love t try the planes, rafts, submarines..that stuff that doesnt need as much work. Building roads manually is way too time consuming an people are gonna get bored of the cars fast

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Stefan

Stefan If it makes it easier call me they. Iron

Ratings:
    +0
    MC Username:
    Stefanwang0904
    I would undergo this daunting task but I'm too lazy :/ good luck and have fun building covians!

18. Kokua

Kokua Coal

Ratings:
    +1
    Another great idea, Valphon!! Kudos!!

19. 1StormDragon

1StormDragon 1Storm Gold

Ratings:
    +13
    Indeed it is, a great idea!

20. Max9874

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    Max9874
    So, according to Durmack's map, we're making pretty good progress, especially on the highway to highway end 3. I'd say overall we're about an eighth of the way there. So, seeing as we've spent about half a month working on this so far, that means it'll take around a month to get a quarter of the way there, assuming we continue to build at our current rate. And that's 4 months to make it all the way there. If we started working on it at the beginning of this month, May, we should finish in four months time from then, which is around late August/early September.