McMMO Reset Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valphon, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Should McMMO be reset?

1. Yes, McMMO should be reset

2. No, McMMO should not be reset

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +398
    Hey everyone!

Recently some suggestions to reset McMMO have come through. In order to get an accurate idea of what the community would like, we'll be hosting a poll.

Now, it's essential that you note this won't be a typical poll. The weight of everyone's vote will be determined by their McMMO Power Level. You can see your power level here: http://stats.minecove.net/?table&order=power by using the search feature.

Since our dedicated players have put so much work into their McMMO stats, it's important that they have a bit more say than someone who just joined in what happens with their McMMO levels.

Example to how this will work: You have a McMMO power level of 1,000. You vote 'yes'. That counts for 1,000 votes to 'yes'. The final tally will be calculated when the poll closes, so you can continue to build up your voting power up till the poll closes.

This poll will close on March 31st. Please have your vote in before then.

If the majority power level vote is yes, then we'll reset McMMO levels on April 1st. We'll also reset the 1,500 Free McMMO package so everyone can get their 1,500 Free McMMO levels to distribute again.

If the majority power level vote is no, then we won't reset McMMO.

Once again, please submit your votes by March 31st!

2. Andy061095

Andy061095 Coal

Ratings:
    +5
    I think this would be a great idea. Mainly becaue I have such a high level, I dont even care about mcmmo anymore.

-Edit- I think after reading others comments, I think I will change my vote to no. Theres specific skills that I still need to do every day things and restarting would take super long. So maybe I care a little bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. Ajgreen03

Ajgreen03 Iron

Ratings:
    +4
    MC Username:
    ajgreen03
    It would be nice to start again... that way other people will have a chance to get mcmmo top... but then I'd lose my herbalism skills... uh oh

4. argyl

argyl Coal

Ratings:
    +3
    This is a terrible idea. There are a lot of people who don't have insane levels but do have a high enough level that it would impact them a great deal if a reset took place. I know that some of you have played so much that you just want to start over, but if that is the case, have val wipe just your mcmmo level. This just sounds like a few people play too much so they get bored. It happens people. Too much of one thing can get this way. Go outside once in a while and quit making your problems everyone else's problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. xxpinecone

xxpinecone Iron

Ratings:
    +4
    MC Username:
    xxpinecone
    Im almost hebalism #1 :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivyrose333

ivyrose333 LOVE...and...BE LOVED Gold

Ratings:
    +26
    Even Val voted NO

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LuckyCharmz

LuckyCharmz MineCove Staff

Ratings:
    +1
    MC Username:
    LuckyCharmz
    I think it would be a good idea, it would give newer people the chance to get into the top spots, because it's been the same people for ages. A reset of MCMMO allows for people to compete and push to get those higher spots. I have 8000 mining level, I get that it's sad to have put all this time into a skill and it be reset. However, it will be just as fun to work it all back up again!

8. Izaea

Izaea Coal

Ratings:
    +5
    On behalf of my 11848 power level... oh, sweet merciful god, no.

I don't care about the top spots, I know I'm not going to reach them, but persistent things for my work like McMMO are what keep me around.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kul

Kul Kul Kids Klub Gold

Ratings:
    +11
    MC Username:
    Kul
    And lose my 83 seconds of tree feller? Yeah no

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mc1

Mc1 Coal

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm gonna go with no, I have a lot of points in unarmed and I hate to loose them and the rest of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 1StormDragon

1StormDragon 1Storm Gold

Ratings:
    +13
    I think a reset may help the new players up the top and all the players (like me) who stuffed up their 1500 McMMO credits.

12. Kingofhearts01

Kingofhearts01 Friend Iron

Ratings:
    +1
    I prefer not, I am not on here all the time but I still come on here and i worked a very long time on my Mcmmo levels and I am not anywhere near top either ever since you gave everyone those free 1500 levels. Even if the entire world resets those levels sort of shows the work and time i put here even if i lose everything else. We should no take everyones hard earned levels so newer less hard playing players can get on top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr_Astronomy

Mr_Astronomy I have borne witness to all moments Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +17
    I could rationalize a reset if it were truly needed due to say a plugin issue, but if you want to start fresh ask val to reset you so you can grind to your hearts content. However, I do ask that you leave me out of it. It is called MCMMO after all and as such I have never known an MMO to reset players stats to base level 1 all because the new players view top leaderboard as an end goal (an end goal with no payout mind you) and do not wish to work like everyone else did to reach a desired rank that no one on this server seems to be gunning for. I enjoy my current levels not because of my rank on the leaderboard but because of how I use them in my day to day play as they are useful in that regard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. snowngr

snowngr Clueless noob Iron

Ratings:
    +10
    MC Username:
    SnowNGR
    I would also prefer not to have McMMO reset.

15. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Iron

Ratings:
    +1
    He changed it to yes, he wants a reset :)

16. Homer4120

Homer4120 Coal

Ratings:
    +0
    MC Username:
    Homer4120
    I Just restarted here on minecove, heck minecraft all togather. So mine arnt even high up, not even sure how to get the free 1500 points either. So It honestly doesnt matter to me if we do or not.

17. Kitsuryu

Kitsuryu The Guardian Fox Emerald

Ratings:
    +193
    Considering all of the time i took to level up my combat skills (a tedious process) i would be very disappointed to lose my mcmmo progress..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kitsuryu

Kitsuryu The Guardian Fox Emerald

Ratings:
    +193
    Mining is one thing.... Losing the hundreds of hours some of us have put into harder skills (repair fishing herbalism unarmed taming to name a few ) is a different story just look at colts mining lol dude is balling in mining mcmmo.

19. Elliseh

Elliseh Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +54
    i wouldnt want my taming to be rip

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sclean

Sclean Iron

Ratings:
    +1
    MC Username:
    Sclean
    I'm certainly in with the NO camp. There is no reward for being at the top, so I'm not personally concerned with where I stand, I'd just hate to lose the skillsets. Something that wasn't mentioned in any of the above comments is that MCMMO bonus perks are available for purchase through BUYCRAFT. If you're going to reset MCMMO, then you may run into the headache of unhappy donators who may have paid "cash money", only to see it go down the drain. Of course, I suppose it's possible no one has ever purchased one of those packages... I know if I had, I would be upset to see my real money get tossed away.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.