February Update #1 - Mob Hunting, Farm World and more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Disc, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Disc

Disc Owner Iron

Ratings:
    +22
    [​IMG]
    Hey everyone!
    Lots of stuff to talk about for this month's first update!

Mob Hunting
    Mob Hunting is a plugin that rewards you for hunting mobs. Roam around the world and find monsters to kill, complete achievements, and earn money. Spawning has been increased in the Farm World (detailed below) so you can use that world to find more monsters. It should be noted that mobs spawned from eggs, spawners, farms, or any other method that isn't natural will not reward you with items. There is a system in place that will learn areas that are farms and prevent money from being earned in those areas. The store has a new Booster called the Mob Hunting Happy Hour. There is a 1 hour and a 6 hour option and they both provide double money drops from monsters when active.

Farm World
    A new world has been added to MineCove called the Farm World. It is to provide a new way to gather resources rather than tearing up the main world. This also provides new players with a reliable place to gather resources. Farm World also has an increased hostile mob spawning rate, meaning you will be able to hunt more monsters using Mob Hunting! The Farm World will be reset on the 1st of every month. /rtp farm will teleport you to a random location in the farm world.

mcMMO
    The mcMMO configuration has been updated to be the default values for every setting. If there are further issues with this configuration, please notify an Admin or myself. If there are any exploits that arise from this change and they are being exploited, the people abusing the exploits will be punished accordingly.

Monthly Rewards
    The past two months I've been very busy adjusting to MineCove and with real life responsibilities. As a result the monthly rewards from the contests were not implemented on time. I've added /kit pokemonkit, double shiny chances, and /boost to the server. As they were delivered late, they will be active until the end of March.

Card Sale
    Pokemon cards are on sale for the next while. All card packs are discounted by 20%!

(most importantly)
    Silly Trees
    The silly trees are now gone, vanilla tree bonemeal generation is back. Enjoy.

I hope everyone enjoys the updates this month. Constructive feedback is always appreciated! I have more ideas coming soon.
    - Disc

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. Shockrider1

Shockrider1 Gold

Ratings:
    +37
    MC Username:
    Shockrider1
    This is awesome, nothing I'm unhappy with and multiple things I'm happy with in this update. Keep up the good work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Andy061095

Andy061095 Coal

Ratings:
    +9
    Normally there'd be something I dont like about the updates. BUT not this time. 10/10 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Shiro

Shiro Iron

Ratings:
    +3
    MC Username:
    ShiroDragonbane
    Great. Like the new Farm area. no silly trees. superb update. I was actually beginning to worry about mine cove. Not any more.....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Stefan

Stefan If it makes it easier call me they. Iron

Ratings:
    +1
    MC Username:
    Stefanwang0904
    Sounds great! Nice to see some new stuff!
    (also I'm kinda back! Hello everyone ^_^)