Autumn Cleaning!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Valphon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. JamelTheGazelle

JamelTheGazelle Iron

Ratings:
    +12
    if only containers are being unlocked surely any chest with a sign on it will still be locked like chest shops. would it not be better to unlock everything?

2. Collin

Collin Break it until it's fixed. Wiki Team Member Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +51
    MC Username:
    Collin_M
    @JamelTheGazelle,
    Chest shops will remained locked, as that is a separate plugin.

Key notes:
    -All LWC chests/furnaces will be unlocked
    -Chest shops will remain locked until the sign is removed.
    -Every region in the main Survival world will be removed.
    -CLAIM YOUR REGION REFUND NOW. - File a /modreq BEFORE the 20th!
    -If you do not log on at least ONCE this month, all of your player data will be wiped, and you will not get it restored.

3. brandidodd32

brandidodd32 Coal

Ratings:
    +1
    So I paid for a purple region town and helped build it but it is in another players name. Is there any way that I will be able to save this region due to the fact that the owners haven't been on in some time. I am added to the land and chests on this region and still active there. Plz let me know what my options are to save this region.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Belle

Belle Iron

Ratings:
    +6
    MC Username:
    Southern_Belle
    Is there any way you could tell us the time you plan on doing the unlock so that we can try to be there to re-lock our shop chest?

5. br0wnbr0th4

br0wnbr0th4 Waka Waka Gold

Ratings:
    +64
    Chest shops use a different plugin so they wont be unlocked, just regular chests

• Like Like x 1
  6. Belle

Belle Iron

Ratings:
    +6
    MC Username:
    Southern_Belle
    Thanks Br0wn! I'd still like to know for my home though because I have so much I would never know if anything went missing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheBeastlyMan

TheBeastlyMan Beast Gold

Ratings:
    +40
    MC Username:
    TheBeastlyMan
    And if anything does go missing ,we are here to get it returned :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. br0wnbr0th4

br0wnbr0th4 Waka Waka Gold

Ratings:
    +64
    the same server rules still apply so if anything is touched while you're gone [as beast said] just report it. :p

9. Fluffysun

Fluffysun Iron

Ratings:
    +54
    Am I alone in saying that this sounds all confusing as hell? I realize this is to free up resources but...c'mon. I'm taking an extended break to play Legion and I have to come back to reclaim my two regions...relock a LOT of chests...AND my homes will all be reset? I realize this last point is moot because I will be logging in but what about those that are taking an extended break?

And to add, this sounds very unuser friendly. :/

10. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +422
    Yup, I agree with you. It's a ton of information. It's intended to be as informative as possible, but this can quickly become overwhelming. Here's an abbreviated list

On November 16th, you will need to relock your chests with /cprivate and /cpersist - /cpersist means you won't need to keep typing /cprivate. You'll need to hit all of your chests once.

By November 20th, submit a modreq standing in your regions stating you want refunds. We take care of the rest. Following the 20th, simply repurchase your land protection(s).

As long as you log in once this month, your homes and balance are fine.

So really, all you need to do is relock your chests, submit a modreq to get a region refund, and finally repurchase your land.

Now for those taking an 'extended break'. We have many users taking 'extended breaks'. Tens of thousands of users in fact. Some of these users' extended breaks have lasted over a year. For these users to take extended breaks, and for us to preserve their server data, it takes up a bit of database space. Given enough time, our databases grow so large that writing information to them or fetching information from them becomes an extremely slow process.

Here's an analogy to help clear up why we are doing this:

Lets say MineCove were a library. Every time a player joins the server for the first time, a new book appears in the library. This book contains all of the player's information. When the player logs off, the book stays in the library. When they log back on, the librarian rushes over to the shelf where this player's book is, pulls it off the shelf, and gives it to the player. When the player logs off, the librarian takes the book from the player, rushes over to the shelf where the book belongs, and places it there. As MineCove has grown, so has the library. Currently the library is so large that our poor librarian is struggling to find the right book in time and place it where it belongs. We've been able to help our our librarian as best we can by giving them roller skates and hourly espresso, however now it just isn't cutting it. We must now consider removing some of the books in the library that are simply taking up space and slowing down the librarian.

I hope that helps explain things :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Laser

Laser Bacon Cat! Iron

Ratings:
    +57
    Then shouldn't we hire more librarians?

12. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +422
    Minecraft is, mostly, single threaded - Which means we can only utilize one librarian :(

13. LadyEllesmere

LadyEllesmere The princess of hyrule Iron

Ratings:
    +12
    The person who claimed the land and payed for it, it currently out due to surgery and may not make the dead line...what should we do....

14. cade_m1756

cade_m1756 Cade_M1756 Coal

Ratings:
    +1
    MC Username:
    Cade_M1756
    Hey Val,
    I may not be able to get on the server this month ant i dont want my balances cleared or my homes or anything like that i was wondering if there was anyway to keep my homes and bal i do not want to lose that and because of reasons i cannot say i may not be able to get on and i may not be able to get on to refund my regions or to lock my chests i dont want to lose anything and there is one person on my plot i do not trust with my chests.
    -Cade_M1756