Autumn Cleaning!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Valphon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +422
    Hey all,

Do you know of an abandoned build you'd like to get rid of? How about seeing those unused starter homes that scatter the hills disappear? Or what about a region placed from a player that's long since left that's preventing you from expanding?

Now's your chance!

As we head towards the last couple months of the year, I feel it's the proper time to tidy up the server a bit. Much of this will rely on the requests from you, the players. Now. It's important to note that the cleanup will be composed of many phases, so be sure to read up fully!

Phase 1. Abandoned homes cleanup
    Date: November 1st - November 15th
    How it'll work:
    During this phase, we'll be accepting modreqs to investigate what you believe to be abandoned homes. We'll check our logs, last online time, and use some other information to determine if the area meets our criteria for properly abandoned. This includes if the player had been online within a month's time. If the build is determined to be abandoned, the land that it sits on will be regenerated. If the build is not determined to be abandoned, it will be left alone. Please note that players cannot claim abandoned builds. If it's abandoned, it'll be regenerated. Finally, requests to have builds cleared will be closed on November 15th so make sure you get everything you want checked! We'll determine if builds are inactive or not following the request closure date on November 15th. This will effect all worlds.

If you would like a build to be investigated for abandonment, please simply file a /modreq at the location stating you would like it to be checked.

Phase 2. Chests and other containers unlocked
    Date: November 16th
    How it'll work:
    On November 16th all containers that use /lock, /cprivate, or similar, will be unlocked. This will clear out much of the unused container locking database. Following the unlock, you will simply need to /lock and /cpersist to relock your containers. Rest assured - Even with your containers unlocked, we'll be able to check our logs if someone takes something out of them without permission. This will effect all worlds.

Phase 3. Worldguard regions cleared
    Date: November 1st - November 20th
    How it'll work:
    On November 20th, all worldguard regions will be cleared out. All players can get a refund for their region to repurchase their land protection following the regions being cleared out. Simply, if you have a region that is under your name, you can submit a modreq requesting a refund after the regions are cleared out. If you own multiple regions, you can get multiple refunds. Following the regions being cleared out on the 20th, you'll be able to use this money to repurchase your land. Please note, for obvious reasons, users who deliberately purchase regions over others who have not yet gotten a chance to do so will have those regions removed. This will only effect the main world.

Phase 4. Inactive homes & balances removed
    Date: November 30th
    How it'll work:
    On November 30th, all players who have not logged on at least once, for any duration, during the month of November will have their homes/balances permanently removed. As long as players log on just once during the month of November, they'll be fine. There is no need to file a modreq to preserve your home & balances, merely log on once at any time during the month of November and you're all set! This will effect all worlds.

...And that's about it!

There will also be some behind-the-scenes cleanups and purging, mostly of old data logs and clunky database information. This will likely go unnoticed by you with the exception of improved performance.

The following is very important information for players who are not active. Please read it carefully.

If you submit a request to have an abandoned build removed after November 15th, it will not be investigated. Please ensure you submit your requests to have abandoned builds removed by November 15th.

If you do not submit a request to have your region(s) refunded by November 20th, it will not be refunded. Please ensure you submit your requests to have regions refunded by November 20th.

If you do not log in at least once during the month of November, you will have your homes & balances removed permanently. Again - If you do not log in at least once, your homes & money will be removed permanently.

Finally -

If you make no indication that you are an even remotely active player on MineCove, if you do not meet the deadlines stated above, then:

• You may lose your builds if they are tagged as abandoned permanently
    • You will lose your region protection permanently
    • You will lose your homes and balances permanently
    So please, please, make sure you not only read the above but also let your friends be made aware so that they don't rejoin the server to lost work.

Any requests from users who had their builds, regions, homes, or balances removed because they had met the inactivity threshold will not have any of their builds, regions, homes, or balances restored. If you care for your builds, regions, homes, or balances, then please meet the minimum activity thresholds. Please understand that it is assumed that if you do not bother to log onto the server or check the website on at least a monthly basis, it will be assumed that you do not care for your work on MineCove. It will be cleared out to allocate resources for the people who do care for their work on MineCove.

Again - Any users who are deemed inactive risk losing their data permanently and no restorations will be made.

The above information is very important for players who are not active. Please read it carefully.

I realize quite a bit of this announcement seemed to repeat itself, but I cannot stress enough how important it is that people who care about their work on MineCove know how to keep it. Our cleanup is intended to clear out our inactive user data, which takes up a good chunk of our resources. It is not intended to clear out work done by the members of the community who have at least some interest in MineCove. The text between the red is geared towards the inactive users of our community, it's my best effort to ensure that they understand the importance of the cleanup. If they do not bother to check our website, nor the server, and miss these announcements - That is the section of this post they'll be referred to when they come back following the deadlines asking for restorations.

If you're an active member of the community, you need not worry as this transition should be fairly smooth and entirely to your benefit.

Thank you for reading and understanding. If you've any questions, please message me here on the website, in this topic, or poke me on TeamSpeak.
    Valphon

• Like Like x 3
  2. ElectroDemon

ElectroDemon Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +82
    Val,
    What will happen to SilveKeep and other official towns using subplots?

3. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +422
    They'll get set back up following the regions being cleared

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Creeper_master72

Creeper_master72 Skepta- Gold

Ratings:
    +31
    When the locks are removed:
    1. will they be protected my land protections till land is removed?
    2. (idea) will there be a time we can raid the world like the 2nd year anniversary when chests are unlocked

5. TheBeastlyMan

TheBeastlyMan Beast Gold

Ratings:
    +40
    MC Username:
    TheBeastlyMan
    Great idea val ,this will help hold off players till the map reset :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElectroDemon

ElectroDemon Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +82
    Val, in my opinion, would it not be easier to miss out the towns. As it would cause admins extra dificulties setting up all the subregions again?
    Just my opinion,
    Electro

7. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +422
    1. Yes
    2. No. Players that raid will be banned for griefing

It should also be worth noting that banned players will also be included in the 'inactive' group

No, it doesn't work that way

• Like Like x 1
  8. br0wnbr0th4

br0wnbr0th4 Waka Waka Gold

Ratings:
    +64
    So i have a black region & green region contained on my main land - It's fine to get a refund on both and then move my black region over a hundred blocks in order to solve my previous claim problem?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steve

Steve The Omni-Nerd Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +102
    MC Username:
    hammer3344
    Yes. All regions will be removed at which point you will be able to claim your region to better accommodate your needs :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. br0wnbr0th4

Ratings:
    +64
    cool beans. this will totally help [and was probably planned in such a way] for the map migration to come mid-2017

11. TechuntrTM

TechuntrTM Coal

Ratings:
    +0
    Will I be losing my black region??

12. Steve

Steve The Omni-Nerd Lapis Lazuli

Ratings:
    +102
    MC Username:
    hammer3344
    From 1 - 20 November you will be able to submit for a refund from ALL of your regions. After the 20th you will not be able to request a refund.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kitsuryu

Kitsuryu The Guardian Fox Emerald

Ratings:
    +198
    How do we keep track of what plots we have ex. I have 5 spawnerworld plots 5 overworld plots... how do i keep a count on their size and locations?

14. br0wnbr0th4

Ratings:
    +64
    teleport to each and write down coordinates - if you don't know where they are, type /rg list or /rg list # which will provide you with the REGION ID of every region you are trusted too
    --> usually on page 4 the last 5 numbers will be your overworld regions
    ---> then when you tp to spawnerzone do the same :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Belle

Belle Iron

Ratings:
    +6
    MC Username:
    Southern_Belle
    Now we can easily combine our plots into one, making it easier for the big move. Excellent idea!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. glowdigger

glowdigger Gold

Ratings:
    +15
    so we are talking about chests and regions in survival and spawner zone?

17. Kitsuryu

Kitsuryu The Guardian Fox Emerald

Ratings:
    +198
    Also does the regeneration restire underground as well? Or just surface

18. TheBeastlyMan

TheBeastlyMan Beast Gold

Ratings:
    +40
    MC Username:
    TheBeastlyMan
    Regions only in survival ,but chests in both