1.11 Update Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Valphon, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +415
    Hey all!

As I'm sure you're well aware, Minecraft version 1.11 was recently released. With it comes some new map features!

As previously discussed, we came to the conclusion that we should migrate everyone's builds to a new map. However quite a number of people were displeased that they may potentially be required to wait weeks for their builds to be transferred. This is due to migrating builds, or 'pasting' them, onto a new map is a tedious process.

To appease these folks, and hopefully make this process much easier for everyone all around, I've decided to migrate us to a new, 1.11 map, in a way that will not require us to do any of the 'migrating' steps.

Instead, we will simply be regenerating all unclaimed land on the map to 1.11 gradually throughout the month of December.

This means:

• There will be no need to move items into a vault
    • All players will have their builds instantly
    • Regions will not need to be set again

But please note - All unclaimed land will be regenerated. This means if you do not want a piece of land to be regenerated, please claim it with /land.

Map regenerating will start as early as December 1st and may continue until December 31st. Regenerating the map is a gradual process, so do not expect completion until the end of December.

Additionally, any unclaimed land that is regenerated is not recoverable.

Finally - We'll be updating the server to 1.11 on Monday, November 28th. Please note that /Market will be unavailable following Monday until an update is released, so it'd be in your best interests to pull your items off of it!

Hopefully this change in plans makes everyone a bit more happy, if you have any questions do let us know
    Val

• Like Like x 3
  2. xxpinecone

xxpinecone Iron

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    xxpinecone
    Wait will I live on an ocean will the ocean be turned into another biome?

3. Valphon

Valphon Owner

Ratings:
    +415
    Nope, it will stay the same in your region

4. xxpinecone

xxpinecone Iron

Ratings:
    +7
    MC Username:
    xxpinecone
    but the ocean is unclaimed

5. xshiftbladex

xshiftbladex Iron

Ratings:
    +5
    To my understanding, the map will not change as the world seed will remain the same, but the map will have the additons of 1.11 spawned in along with the previous landscape.

• Like Like x 2
  6. glowdigger

glowdigger Gold

Ratings:
    +15
    seems like a wonderful compromise

7. Bpenguin06

Bpenguin06 MASTAH OF NARWHALZ Iron

Ratings:
    +10
    Will you be using the same seed? If so I would have a Llama shop

8. Valphon